2018-07-16 21:50 GMT+02:00 Thomas Koenig : > Am 16.07.2018 um 10:06 schrieb Janus Weil: >>> >>> However, one point: I think that the warning should be under a separate >>> warning, which should then be enabled by -Wextra. >>> -Waggressive-function-elimination, could be reused for this, >>> or something else >> >> I don't actually see such a flag in the manual. > > Ah, sorry, I misremembered the option, it is actually > -Wfunction-elimination. > > What I would suggest is to enable -Wfunction-eliminiation with > -Wextra and also use that for your new warning. Thanks for the comments. Makes sense. Updated patch attached. I'll wait two more days to allow for further comments and will commit this to trunk on Thursday if I hear no further complaints. Cheers, Janus