I hope this email finds you well. I am Habeeb, a creative and aspiring junior (currently studying in 3rd year out of the 4 years of the program) undergraduate student of Computer Science and Engineering (AI & ML) department at the Institute of Aeronautical Engineering (IARE). I want to work on the *Fortran - 2018/202x* project idea listed for gsoc 2024 projects on the gcc wiki website. *About me:* I have always been known for being extremely creative in solving problems by my peers and some of my teaching staff. I am frequently contacted by my seniors for help in solving problems. I have learnt programming through python, and I code in C++ as well. I keep interest in knowing things from the inside out. I would like to know if I can work for the project I have mentioned. I would also like to ask the mentor(s) about which new features are to be implemented. I recently stumbled upon Fortran and it best suits my interests as I am highly interested in High Performance Computing. I realize that the application for GSOC 2024 is approaching very close to the deadline. I *apologize *for writing this mail so close to the deadline, I got busy as it is the holy month of Ramadan. I hope I will receive a reply as soon as possible. This is the first project idea that caught my eye instantly the moment I started searching through idea lists for GSOC 2024. I promise to work hard and give a valuable contribution if I get selected to work on this project. I will give my best as this might be my first open-source contribution. And this is the only project I wish to get selected for. Thank you so much for taking time and reading through my mail. Regards, Habeeb, 21951a6637@iare.ac.in (My Student Email Address).