public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* Guidance required-Reg
@ 2020-12-14 11:11 mastercomputerservices 1957
From: mastercomputerservices 1957 @ 2020-12-14 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran, binutils

Dear Sir/Madam,

Waiting for your help.

Thanks

Regards,
sundarchand
mastercomputerservices1957@gmail.com

[-- Attachment #2: GFortranGAssemblerLinkerProblems.txt --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 859 bytes --]

Namaste!

My OS: Windows 7,32 Bit, Intel Centrino Core*2 Duo, Toshiba A 205 Satellite,386 Pentium Laptop.
My binUtils: GNU Assembler Version 2.9.4 <i386-mingw32> using BFD version 2.9.4.

I am using NetBeans IDE 7.4 Version,but  encountered with small obstacles.I don't find any guidance/help from the website.
I am unable to link my fortran project interface with assembly routines while linking object files.Assembly objects files generated and also fortran object file generated,but giving error unresolved external files related to Assembly object files.
Please guide me further with your esteemed expertise in this matter.
I have been trying but failed for the last one month.Finally contacted you after vexed with my lesser knowledge.

Waiting for your help.

Thanks

Regards,
mastercomputerservices1957@gmail.com
D.Sundar Chand

* Re: Guidance required-Reg
@ 2020-12-14 16:21 ` Arjen Markus
From: Arjen Markus @ 2020-12-14 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mastercomputerservices 1957; +Cc: Fortran List, binutils

I am not familiar with this environment and my knowledge of assembly is
minute, so I will not be able to advise you on the specific problems you
have. However, here is some advice with regards to the way you posted your
question:

   - Describe the problem you face in the message itself, not via a small
   attached file. If you have a large file that you want to share, that method
   is certainly preferable over a long email, but in this case, it is not even
   ten lines.
   - Describe the problem in terms of symptoms. The only thing we get to
   see is that you have trouble linking Fortran and assembly object files, but
   what this trouble is exactly is unclear.

The only thing I can advise with regards to the combination you are trying
to achieve is that maybe this will work when you put the assembly code or
some interfacing code in a C wrapper. I know that C has a facility for
inling assembly code. See
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Extended-Asm.html for instance.

Regards,

Arjen