Hi Patrick, you might have a look at fpt - http://www.simconglobal.com/. Not sure if it will do what you want exactly, but you never know and the people behind it are well prepared to help out. Regards, Arjen Op vr 16 dec. 2022 om 15:01 schreef Patrick Begou via Fortran < fortran@gcc.gnu.org>: > Hi, > > my goal is to move a large fortran90 modular code to fortran 2008 using > the submodule concept. As I have nearly 400 files to modify I would like > to know if a tool exist to automatically extract variables from > fortran90 modules and build interfaces for subroutines and functions ? > > Before trying to implement this by myself... > > Thanks > > Patrick > >