public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* gfortran compiled executable is hanging
@ 2016-08-11  9:23 Alex Harrison
From: Alex Harrison @ 2016-08-11  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran

Hi,
I'm trying to run Fortran on my windows machine. I installed via MinGW,
and am using a Cygwin64 terminal emulator. I compiled a simple program,
however when I try to execute the program hangs, with no error messages
or output and I need to exit my terminal and start again.

I am running GNU Fortran 4.9.3, any my program is a simple "hello world"
print out, I'll include the code below. Is there somewhere I can get
help with solving this problem? I couldn't find any public forums for
discussing such problems on the gcc.gnu.org website.

Thanks,
Alex

The program code:

$ more helloworld.f90
program test

   Print*, "hello world"

end program

* Re: gfortran compiled executable is hanging
@ 2016-08-11  9:37 ` Arjen Markus
From: Arjen Markus @ 2016-08-11  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Harrison; +Cc: Fortran List

Hi Alex,

comp.lang.fortran would be the place to ask this type of usage
questions. But you mention installing via MinGW and using a Cygwin64
terminal emulator. I do not understand this description. Can you try
just running a Cygwin64 terminal and compiling your program? I have
the feeling that things are terribly mixed.

Regards,

Arjen