public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
From: Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To: Andre Vehreschild <vehre@gmx.de>
Cc: GCC-Fortran-ML <fortran@gcc.gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [GOMP, Fortran] RFC: Issues with gomp-fortran tests
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2024 09:57:54 -0700	[thread overview]

I don't know too much about the testsuite infrastructure.
You'll likely need to ping jakub or tobias, who seem to
be the most active gomp contributors.

On my FreeBSD system, I have my sources in gcc/gccx, build in
gcc/objx, and install into $HOME/work/x.

For building and testing, I have a script that ends with

# MAKE is required to get the right make(1) propagated through
# the 'make' process including the check-fortran phase.
#
MAKE=gmake
export MAKE

../gccx/configure --prefix=$HOME/work/x --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran,lto \
  --enable-bootstrap --disable-nls --disable-multilib --disable-libssp \
  --enable-initfini-array

sleep 1

nice gmake -j6 bootstrap
sleep 1

cd gcc
nice gmake -j6 check-fortran
sleep 1

tail testsuite/gfortran/gfortran.sum

Most of the tests that fail have the following log file entry

==3733==ASan runtime does not come first in initial library list; you
should either link runtime to your application or manually preload it
with LD_PRELOAD.
FAIL: gfortran.dg/asan/pointer_assign_16.f90 -fsanitize=address  -O0  execution test

I've never been able to track down how to fix this.  It would seem
to me that if some ASan lib needs to come first, then it should proactively
preload the requisite libraries during testing.

--
steve

--
Steve