Hi Mikael, Am 26.07.22 um 21:25 schrieb Mikael Morin: > Le 25/07/2022 à 22:18, Harald Anlauf a écrit : >> I would normally trust NAG more than Intel and Cray. > … and yourself, it seems.  Too bad. > >> If somebody else convinces me to accept that NAG has it wrong this >> time, I would be happy to proceed. > It won’t convince you about NAG, but here are two reasons to proceed: >  - Consensus among the maintainers is sufficient; it’s the case here. >  - If uncertain, let’s be rather too permissive than too strict; it’s > fine as long as the runtime answer is right. ok, I have thought about your comments in the review process, and played with the Cray compiler. Attached is a refined version of the patch that now rejects in addition these cases for which there are no possible related pointer assignments with bounds remapping: ASSOCIATED (scalar, array) ! impossible, cannot remap bounds ASSOCIATED (array, scalar) ! a scalar is not simply contiguous (Cray would allow those two, but IMHO these should be disallowed). See attached for version 2 with updated testcase, regtested again. I think this is what we could both be happy with... ;-) Thanks, Harald