On Thu, 10 Dec 2015, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote: > On 12/09/2015 03:53 PM, Tobias Burnus wrote: > > In principle, %<%c%> and %<%d%> should be convertable to %qc and > > %qd (as the code is more readable), but the current function > > annotation prevent this, telling that the q flag is not valid for > > %c and %d. As %< is fine, I didn't dig into it. > > You need to edit the gcc_gfc_* variables in c-family/c-format.c. The correct > way to do that does not seem to be documented anywhere. I only got the current > support working after painful trial and error. > > Joseph, Jakub, could you advise the Fortran devs on how to edit c-format.c to > handle %qc and %qd as the C/C++ FEs do? Put "q" in the first flags string for those formats in gcc_gfc_char_table. -- Joseph S. Myers joseph@codesourcery.com