public inbox for fortran@gcc.gnu.org
* Question on push
@ 2021-01-15 22:36 Jerry DeLisle
From: Jerry DeLisle @ 2021-01-15 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fortran

Hi all,

I managed to push Harris patch regarding the ISO_Fortran_binding.c.
However it was a struggle.

Naturally the push was rejected several times.  As I was trying to
interpret the reasons given and go back and read the instructions, I was
given the impression that the behind the scenes process would ammend the
actual ChangeLog files for you.  I have not seen this happen so to
clarify, There are two ChangeLog files involved. gcc/testsuite/ChangeLog
and libgfortran/ChangeLog.

Do I make those changes locally and commit them?  (as I know we use to do!)

I also managed to forget to --author Harris on the push that went
through (In spite of Tobias reminding me to do so).  I was looking at
--amend and as far as I can tell, I can only change the tip of my local
repository before the push.  Is there a way to fix that out on the master?

Sorry for the trouble,

Jerry