On 7/27/21 5:07 AM, Tobias Burnus wrote: > Hi Sandra, hi Thomas, hi all, > > @Thomas K: Comments about the following - and of course to the > testsuite itself - are highly welcome. > > In my opinion, the testsuite LGTM and can be committed. > > @Sandra: > - Thoughts on the directory name? (cf. below) > - Give others/Thomas a chance to comment on this, >   before committing it. (And remove the now passing xfails.) >   Thanks for the testsuite! > > Regarding: > > * XFAILS - as discussed before, I think having some XFAILS is >   not ideal but fine, especially if the XFAIL/PASS ratio is low >   and there are plans to fix the known fails, some posted patches >   for those, and open PRs for the issues. > > (I think there is one patch pending review and two patches pending > committal with some modifications by Sandra - plus several patches > by José which still need to be reviewed.) > > > * Naming of the directory + .exp file: >      ts29113/ts29113.exp >   is okay. Given that 'select rank' (in F2018 but not in TS29113) >   is also tested, there was some controversy regarding the name >   and the coverage; additionally, TS29113 is a name which is not >   immediately clear. Thus, we could use some other name like: >      c-interop/c-interop.exp >   or .... (suggestions?). >   In any case, I do not feel strong about either name. > > * I had a closer look at earlier versions of the testsuite, I did >   browse through the current one + looked at the diff to previous >   version, but it is big enough and the spec is complex enough that >   I have likely missed something. >   Thus: Additional reviews are highly welcome! Here is the current version of the testsuite. Changes since the last version include: * Renaming the directory and .exp file from ts29113 -> c-interop per the request above. There have been no additional review comments. * I also made it explicit that section and constraint numbers mentioned in comments in the test cases refer to TS 29113. I considered using the numbering from 2018 standard, but given that the standard already renumbered things twice since the time TS 29113 was published I didn't really see the point, as long as it is unambiguous what document is being cited. * I flattened the subdirectory structure after realizing that dg-additional-sources can't cope with relative pathnames in remote-host testing. * I split up the typecodes tests (for testing that descriptors constructed by the front end match ISO_Fortran_binding.h) to allow for finer-grained control over xfails and dg-require-effective-target, and added a new effective target for Fortran C_FLOAT128 support. There are also some additional things being tested now in this group. The current xfails in the tests reflect the two patches I posted last night that are still waiting for review: https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/fortran/2021-August/056382.html https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/fortran/2021-August/056383.html I've been testing on x86 (both 32- and 64-bit) and powerpc64le-linux-gnu. Given that Tobias already said the last version of the patch was OK, I'd like to commit this soon, either at the same time I push the patches above, or next week if there is some hold-up on them. If anybody wants more time to review this first, let me know. -Sandra