Hi Thomas & Jakub, found when working on the deep-mapping patch* with OpenMP code (and part of that patch) but it already shows up in an existing OpenACC testcase. I think it makes sense to fix it already for GCC 12. Problem: Also for unallocated allocatables, their size was calculated - the 'if(desc.data == NULL)' check was only added for pointers. Result after the patch: When compiling with -O (which is the default for goacc.exp), the warning now disappears. Thus, I now use '-O0' and the previous "is uninitialized" is now "may be uninitialized". Unrelated to the patch and the testcase, I added some 'allocate'**/'if(allocated())' to the testcase - as otherwise uninit vars would be accessed. (Not relevant for the warning or the patch - but I prefer no invalid code in testcases, if it can be avoided.) OK for mainline? Tobias * https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-patches/2022-March/591144.html ** I am actually not sure whether 'acc update(b)' will/should map a previous allocated variable - or whether it should. But that's unrelated to this bug fix. See also: https://gcc.gnu.org/PR96668 for the re-mapping in OpenMP (works for arrays but not scalars). ----------------- Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH; Anschrift: Arnulfstraße 201, 80634 München; Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung; Geschäftsführer: Thomas Heurung, Frank Thürauf; Sitz der Gesellschaft: München; Registergericht München, HRB 106955