Hi Steve, > On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 10:10:13PM +0200, Thomas Koenig wrote: >> >> the attached patch removes the parallel annotation from DO CONCURRENT. >> As discussed in the PR, the autoparallellizer currently generates >> wrong code. The only feasible way is to disable the annotation for >> gcc-8 and work on the wrong-code issues for gcc-9. This is an 8 >> regression. >> >> Regression-tested. OK for trunk? >> > > Yes. Thanks for the review! However, just as I was about to commit, I thought of something else and, hopefully, better. The underlying problem is that the annotation does not go together with -ftree-parallelize-loops - so let's simply not set it if that flag is set. This way, we can avoid speed regressions for people who do not use -ftree-parallelize-loops, and it will be possible to downgrade the PR to a missed-optimization bug; it is also not necessary to xfail vect-do-concurrent-1.f90 Regression-tested. OK for trunk, for this version? 2018-04-09 Thomas Koenig PR fortran/83064 * trans-stmt.c (gfc_trans_forall_loop): Remove annotation for parallell processing of DO CONCURRENT -ftree-parallelize-loops is set. 2018-04-09 Thomas Koenig PR fortran/83064 * gfortran.dg/do_concurrent_5.f90: New test. * gfortran.dg/vect/vect-do-concurrent-1.f90: Adjust dg-bogus message.