Dear all, here is an updated version of the patch that includes suggestions and comments by Mikael in PR93483. Basic new features are: - a new enum value ARITH_NOT_REDUCED to keep track if we encountered an expression that was not reduced via reduce_unary/reduce_binary - a cleanup of the related checking, resulting in more readable code. - a new testcase by Mikael that exhibited a flaw in the first patch due to a false resolution of a symbol by premature simplification. Regtested again. OK for mainline? Thanks, Harald Am 12.10.22 um 21:45 schrieb Harald Anlauf via Fortran: > Dear Fortranners, > > this one was really bugging me for quite some time. We failed to > properly handle (= simplify) expressions using array constructors > with typespec, and with parentheses and unary '+' and '-' > sprinkled here and there. When there was no typespec, there was > no related problem. > > The underlying issue apparently was that we should simplify > elements of the array constructor before attempting the type > conversion. > > Thanks to Gerhard, who insisted by submitted many related PRs. > > Regtested on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu. OK for mainline? > > Thanks, > Harald >