Dear Fortranners, in dependency checking of arguments of elemental prodecures we should treat dummy arguments with the value attribute as implicitly having intent(in). This is simple and obvious. The PR by Gerhard provides a series of testcases that are either valid (like the one in the attached patch), or arguably non-conforming. The issue is related to the standard prescribing a temporary (in standardese language) for the argument with the value attribute, while the elemental attribute prescribes an application order. Playing with other compiler brands, there seemed to be an obvious discrepancy between NAG and Intel on the one side and Intel on the other. Steve Lionel attributed this to non-conformance for the discussed case (see link in PR). I therefore decided to only use a conforming testcase for the testsuite, as this is sufficient to check for the fix for the ICE. Regtested on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu. OK for mainline? Thanks, Harald