Dear all, the attached simple, obvious and ancient patch from the PR fixes a NULL pointer dereference that occurs on overlapping initializations of derived types/DT components in DATA statements. Gfortran currently does not detect or report overlapping initializations in such cases, and some other compilers also do not (Intel) or give only a warning (e.g. Nvidia). For this reason I decided to add -std=legacy to the options in the testcase. Detecting the overlapping initializations appears to require deeper changes in the way we look up DT components when handling DATA statements, which is beyond the current stage. Regtested on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu. I intend to commit soon unless there are objections. Thanks, Harald