Dear all, the attached patch fixes a 10+ regression for cases where a derived type with a pointer component is used in a DATA statement. The failure looked obscure, see testcase comments, and pointed to a possible issue in the resolution (order). For the failing test, the target variable was seen with ts.type == BT_PROCEDURE instead of its actual type. For this reason, I restricted the fixup as much as possible. For details, please see the commit message. Testcase cross-checked with NAG. Regtested on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu. OK for mainline? If this fix survives broader testing, I would like to backport. Thanks, Harald P.S.: while trying to extend coverage of conforming code, I had much fun also with other compilers (e.g. NAG panicking...)