Dear all, the patch for these PRs was submitted for review by Jose here: https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/fortran/2021-April/055924.html but unfortunately was never reviewed. I verified that the rebased patch still works on mainline and x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, and I think that it is fine. It is also very simple and clear, but I repost it here to give others a chance to provide comments. The commit message needed a small correction to make it acceptable to "git gcc-verify", but besides some whitespace-like changes and clarifications this is Jose's patch. OK for mainline? Thanks, Harald