Dear all, the attached simple patch fixes a (9+) regression for passing to a CONTIGUOUS,TARGET dummy an *effective argument* that is contiguous, although the actual argument is not simply-contiguous (it is a pointer without the CONTIGOUS attribute in the PR). Since a previous attempt for a patch lead to regressions in gfortran.dg/bind-c-contiguous-3.f90, which is rather dense, I decided to enhance the current testcase with various combinations of actual and dummy arguments that allow to study whether a _gfortran_internal_pack is generated in places where we want to. (_gfortran_internal_pack does not create a temporary when no packing is needed). Regtested on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu. OK for mainline? I would like to backport this - after a grace period - to at least 13-branch. Any objections here? Thanks, Harald