Dear all, for intrinsic procedures we derive the typespec of the formal symbol attributes from the actual arguments. This can have an undesired effect for character actual arguments, as the argument passing conventions differ for deferred-length (length is passed by reference) and otherwise (length is passed by value). The testcase in the PR nicely demonstrates the issue for FINDLOC(array,value,...), when either array or value are deferred-length. We therefore need take care that we do not copy ts.deferred, but rather set it to false if the formal argument is neither allocatable or pointer. Regtested on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu. OK for mainline? This is actually a 11/12/13/14 regression (and I found a potential "culprit" in 11-development that touched the call chain in question), so the patch might finally need backporting as far as seems reasonable. Thanks, Harald