Hi, On some x86_64 kernels you will get a trapped event after a step out of a syscall, but the stepping flag isn't set in that case. This is at least the case at least on 2.6.18-8.1.6.el5, but not on any of the Fedora kernels I ever tested with, currently 2.6.20-1.2962.fc6. Luckily the Isa has a way to signal such an event and this patch updates the X86_64 Isa as follows to handle this: 2007-07-06 Mark Wielaard * IsaX8664.java hasExecutedSpuriousTrap): Check for SYSCALL instruction. This makes the following testcases PASS on such kernels and doesn't change the results on any other system I tested on: testSteppingtestHitAndRun(frysk.proc.TestBreakpoints) ...PASS testSteppingtestInsertRemove(frysk.proc.TestBreakpoints) ...PASS testSteppingAddLots(frysk.proc.TestBreakpoints) ...PASS testStepSigReturn(frysk.proc.TestTaskObserverInstructionSigReturn) ...PASS Cheers, Mark