Hi, For scenario 2 from bug # 4761 I created the following testcase that checks whether breakpoint instructions inserted by frysk-core show up in the fcore generated image. 2007-07-16 Mark Wielaard * TestLinuxCore.java (testInsertedBreakpoint): New method. (getFunctionEntryAddress): New private method. (CodeObserver): New static helper class. (AttachedObserver): Likewise. As it happens they don't and the test PASSes (x86_64/FC6). This is because fcore currently writes out the elf sections as it can find them on disk. Phil and me decided it wouldn't hurt to add the testcase anyway in case the sendrecMaps() code in core gets rewritten. Then this can be a valuable testcase to show no regressions slip in. Cheers, Mark