Hi Kris, On Mon, 2007-07-30 at 22:11 -0400, Kris Van Hees wrote: > I'd like to propose that the TestLeakingFileDescriptor test cases be marked > as stress tests rather than regular tests, to avoid them being executed at > every testsuite invocation. Reason for this proposal is two-fold: first of > all, these tests are implicitly intermittent due to the fact that they depend > on a behaviour that is not deterministic (the garbage collector does not > actually do I/O resource mangement), and secondly, when they do fail they tend > to cause a bunch of side effects (causing later tests to fail, causing daemon > instances of TestRunner to never get torn down, ...). I think that is a good idea since the test results are pretty flaky as they are now making comparing test runs pretty hard. I known good set of tests that always PASS and that you don't have to second guess would be really helpful. Only issue I can see is that if the stress tests are optional people will never run them, but I guess that is what the autobuilder/tester is for. Cheers, Mark