On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 12:49 -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote: > if they only need to read/edit a > simple text (.c) file to add additional type tests. The expected > results could be marked with comments: > // LTYPE: struct bar { > // LTYPE: struct foo *f; > // LTYPE: struct bar *b; > // LTYPE: } > // VALUE: { 0x.*, 0x.* } > // STYPE: struct bar > // TEST: bp > > and a page of AWK could translate that into the body of a test. > > For the easy cases, can the generator produce a file like that; I interpreted this as "create a generator that produces output like the above from C source. This python script pretty much does that from an input file of C source. I think it is reasonably solid, but as per the meeting discussion if the preference is to have a tightly defined input file syntax instead then that is okay too.