Hi, This patch fixes bug #5907. The SteppingEngine didn't make a difference between instruction stepping and line stepping and always tried to skip plt entries and the dynamic loader. That is really annoying if you are investigating issues with plt entries or the dynamic loader like I was for the last couple of weeks :) The InstructionStepState now keeps track of whether it is instruction or line stepping. Only with line stepping does it try to do any magic. I adjusted one test that assumed stepping would always end inside the plt entry, this is now never true, except if you explicitly do step --instruction of course. frysk-core/frysk/stepping/ChangeLog 2008-03-19 Mark Wielaard * InstructionStepState.java (InstructionStepState): Take and set isLine argument. (handleUpdate): Only try skipping plt when line stepping. * LineStepState.java (handleUpdate): When no line info found act like an InstructionStepState. * SteppingEngine.java (stepInstruction): Create InstructionStepState for instruction stepping. (stepInstruction): Likewise. (stepLine): Create InstructionStepState for line stepping. (setUp): Create InstructionStepState using isLine. * TestStepping.java (testInstructionStepThroughSection): Just do one line step. No regressions (fedora 8 - x86/x86_64). Committed and pushed, Mark