Hi, Phil found another corner case which needed to be handled specially. We need to mark the Task as just started when it gets an execed event because the first "step" in such a task is special (it isn't a real step, it is just the kernel adjusting the PC to the start of the dynamic loader). frysk-core/frysk/proc/ChangeLog 2008-04-09 Mark Wielaard * TestTaskObserverInstruction (testFirstInstructionAtEntry): New test. frysk-core/frysk/proc/live/ChangeLog 2008-04-09 Mark Wielaard * LinuxPtraceTaskState.java (Running.handleExecedEvent): Mark Task as justStarted. No regressions on x86_64, fedora 8. It would be nice to have this just depend on the state, or route the marking of just started in Running.sendContinue() since that is the real place this matters. I'll look into that. Pushed and committed, Mark