public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
From: Kris Van Hees <kris.van.hees@oracle.com>
To: Andrew Cagney <cagney@redhat.com>
Cc: Kris Van Hees <kris.van.hees@oracle.com>,
	frysk <frysk@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: Automated build-and-test summary report (2007/05/23)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 20:39:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I somehow fail to see the value of crippling the system by reducing the
amount of useful reporting, when it should be quite easy for you to
obtain the information you want based on the more detailed, more
frequent reports.  The point of the automated build-and-test system is
to perform the build-and-test runs, and collect the output for reporting
purposes.  The point of the system is not to do project-specific analysis
based on that data.  All the data (even the raw data) is available to
you from the the web pages generated by the automated build-and-test
system.

Also note that I am a bit reluctant to make significant changes to a
generic system (i.e. that is *not* frysk specific) that has yet to
receive any outside contribution in terms of build-and-test resources.
Note that the system is in fact generic enough to allow you to do
exactly what you want on your own system, i.e. you could use it to have
nightly (or even more frequent) build-and-test runs executed, capture
the logs and parse them at your heart's content.  Or let the central
reporting system process them, and you pull them back off the system for
your own reporting.

The opportunities are virtually endless...  let's not limit the
flexibility it offers for a single very specific request that could
easily be implemented on top of the existing system.

	Cheers,
	Kris