I've just pushed huge pile of patches that constitute rewrite of ftrace so that it uses already present frysk infrastructure, namely breakpoint manager and breakpoint classes, instead of inventing its own services. Current status is close to what ftrace used to be capable of doing. Some things are still not there, but I have non-frysk dues in plan for next week or two, and don't want to sit on the patchset for uncertain number of weeks without further progress. What doesn't work anymore: symbol aliases and ELF symbol versioning are not handled. There is at least one mysterious bug that causes something deep in frysk to place breakpoints to bogus addresses, I haven't had a time to properly debug it yet. x86_64 has not seen a single test run, so chances are ftrace will just collapse there. On the upside, ftrace now speaks debuginfo, which it didn't used to; and there are couple new interfaces in Frysk framework, that allow e.g. ELF symbol table loading or PLT entry computations. Although cleanups are due in places. I've taken the opportunity and changed several commandline arguments while doing the overall revamp. Manual page has been updated to reflect that. Have fun, PM