HPD syntax misses certain features that I'd like to use in ftrace (and who knows, maybe fhpd users would appreciate them, too). So here goes my bikeshed problem: 1) You can't specify ELF symbol version, 2) You can't specify PLT entry Number 1 can be solved by simply allowing the symbol name to have a form of "symbolname@version". "@" is good for that purpose, because it's non-ambiguous, and already used by readelf to refer to symbol versions. Number 2 can be resolved in any number of ways. In ftrace, I currently output traced PLT entries like "#soname#plt:symbolname". This looks nice, seems to be easy to remember, but would be hard to parse in the context of ?: ternary expression. objdump uses notation of the form of "symbol@PLT", which would collide with symbol version syntax. Maybe something along the lines of ".plt:symbol"? Opinions? Ideas? PM