public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* New TestRunner options: -n --all --stress
@ 2006-11-07  0:19 Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2006-11-07  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

Hello,

I've added a few options to TestRunner, and funit:

-n: do not run tests, just print out the classes that would be tested
--all: run all tests (by default stress tests are excluded)
--stress: run stress testes (by default stress tests are excluded)

And modified the default behavior so that stress tests are not normally
run (subject to change - running them in the build tree but not ex-tree
for instance).

For instance, to get a list of the stress test classes:

$ ./frysk-core/TestRunner --stress -n
frysk.proc.StressAttachDetachManyTasks
frysk.proc.StressAttachDetachRapidlyCloningMainTask
frysk.proc.StressAttachDetachRapidlyForkingMainTask
frysk.proc.StressAttachDetachSignaledTask
$

Andrew

* Re: New TestRunner options: -n --all --stress
@ 2006-11-07 13:00 ` Chris Moller
From: Chris Moller @ 2006-11-07 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: frysk

Another handy one would be an option to limit the test to specific
cases, like:

    ./TestRunner frysk.proc.TestProcTasksObserver -c
    testManyExistingThreadDetached

which would run only the testManyExistingThreadDetached case in
frysk.proc.TestProcTasksObserver.  Right now, if I want to select (or, a
variant, omit) specific cases, I have to edit the Java and rebuild.

It didn't even occur to me that TestRunner was mutable--I thought it was
part of some testing thingy.  I'll look into adding
select-case/omit-case options after I get back from delivering kids to
school.  (I'm only a part-time RedHatter--my real job is School Bus Driver.)

cm

@ 2006-11-07 15:03   ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2006-11-07 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Moller; +Cc: frysk

Chris Moller wrote:
> Another handy one would be an option to limit the test to specific
> cases, like:
>
>     ./TestRunner frysk.proc.TestProcTasksObserver -c
>     testManyExistingThreadDetached

Or:
    ./TestRunner
frysk.proc.TestProcTasksObserver.testManyExistingThreadDetached
(options after arguments get bad kama ;-), yes everyone wants that :-)

As far as I know, though, the JUnit interfaces do not make this
possible.  A second set of eyes here to look at this would be useful.

Andrew