public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* Fold frysk-sys into frysk-imporrts; stop CNI in frysk-core and frysk-gui
@ 2006-12-08 15:57 Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2006-12-08 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

The frysk-sys directory was intended to contain Java + CNI|JNI bindings
to system level native interfaces that frysk required.  History, and
other needs, have overtaken this plan.  The frysk-imports directory now
also contains some of frysk's native bindings.

So as simplify this, and the build, I'm going to merge frysk-sys into
frysk-imports.

--

The frysk-core, and frysk-gui directories were intended to be CNI|JNI
free, any native bindings required being exported by frysk-sys and

To avoid this, going forward, I'm going to modify the build system so
that frysk-core and frysk-gui refuse to build CNI code.

Andrew

* Re: Fold frysk-sys into frysk-imporrts; stop CNI in frysk-core and  frysk-gui
@ 2006-12-08 20:42 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2006-12-08 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

Andrew Cagney wrote:
> The frysk-sys directory was intended to contain Java + CNI|JNI
> bindings to system level native interfaces that frysk required.
> History, and other needs, have overtaken this plan.  The frysk-imports
> directory now also contains some of frysk's native bindings.
>
> So as simplify this, and the build, I'm going to merge frysk-sys into
> frysk-imports.
I've done this.

* Re: Fold frysk-sys into frysk-imporrts; stop CNI in frysk-core and  frysk-gui
@ 2006-12-11 17:24 ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2006-12-11 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

FYI,

This has largely been done; only one bit of CNI code - in
frysk.rt.StackFrame is left and is being looked at.

Andrew

@ 2006-12-12 11:20   ` Stepan Kasal
From: Stepan Kasal @ 2006-12-12 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

Hello Andrew,

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 03:41:54PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> >[...], I'm going to merge frysk-sys into frysk-imports.
> I've done this.

when I do a fresh checkout, I still get frysk-sys subdirectory,
because of frysk-sys/common .

I contemplated the possibility of removing frysk-sys/common from the
module description, but on a second thought, I was afraid that that
would break old tagged checkouts, like
	cvs co -r frysk-0_0_1_2006_10_30_rh1 frysk

So I guess the best solution is to let it be.
Is this correct?

Stepan

* Re: Fold frysk-sys into frysk-imporrts; stop CNI in frysk-core and   frysk-gui
@ 2006-12-12 14:24     ` Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2006-12-12 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

Yes,
Unfortunately the way CVS modules works permits additions, but not
deletions.
The "workaround" would be to define two modules - frysk and frysk-old
say - worry about that some other time.
Andrew