public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* frysk meeting minutes 20070425
@ 2007-04-25 15:22 Elena Zannoni
From: Elena Zannoni @ 2007-04-25 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

[-- Attachment #2: frysk-20070425 --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 3331 bytes --]

Mike, Rick, Kris, Nurdin, Sami, Stan, Elena, Petr, Mark

Sami: changes made to giu from last week -> add radio button at
begginning of druid for debuggind/monitoring. Recursive forking now
works. Will start working on making the event viewer look better when
there are many processes

Nurdin: libunwind cross platform initial support ready to merge into
main trunk of frysk repo.  (32 bit apps on 64 bit systems) Last two
frames (outermost) are not displayed yet.  Merge upstream -> patch has
been sent. No comments yet.

There is a new version of elfutils coming out soon. Make sure that we
work with that. List of source files associated with an executable ->
new API for that will be available. Currently this call is hacked in
but it will be "official" in the new elfutils

Mike: More object oriented patterns for state machine-> refactoring
Working with Rick about suddend death of processes and cleanly
removing a process from a debug session, stack frame window w/
multiple processes. Right click on a process and removing it from
under frysk control or just killing it.

Rick: run executable part clean up of source window, code added to
disambuiguate which source files you are looking at and for which
executable. Get terminal window at bottom of source window and attach
stdin/out/err to it.

Stan: added bitfield, added unit tests written in java (instead of
compile and run a c program). Next: struct member of user defined
types, and array of used defined types, nested structs, improving
unsigned support (problem: java doesn't have unsigned). Most of C
support will be done done except for function call.  Move to C++
inheritance and templates are the big ones. Hopefully start at mid/end
of May.

Mark: bp and instruction stepping. funit child made a bit more
generic. Starting on asm base stepping out of line, etc. Simulate
Jump. Just for x86 for now. Trying to finish by end of week. Then out
for 2 weeks.  Refactor ptrace stuff as well, but it's more work that
anticipated.

Petr: half time on frysk, finding his way around.

Kris: test coverage. Still working on itegrating the test coverage
collection with each build/run. Some tests on x86-64 are not executed
at all, it's not that they are skipped, they just don't get reached.
Trying to figure that out.  Coverage is still low.

Frysk imports -> 50% That is understandable, we do not use all the
code.  There are features that we might not be used. It's the area
where it would be acceptable to not test much.

Frysk_core -> 36.5% not very good.

Frysk_gui -> 11%

Frysk_gtk -> 2.5%

No dogtail tests run yet with coverage

Trying to add info to better pinpoint which areas are being covered.
Is there a problem with gcov interpretation of coverage for java
files, maybe? It seems surprising for the core part as well, since
tests have been added quite aggressively as the code was being
written.

Elena-> just added one fc6/x86 machine to build farm. Confirm that
"make dist" is totally broken.

We need more configurations added to the build system. It's really
easy to set up. Anybody running Rawhide?

Next week -> gui meeting.
Sami -> will be demoing his changes.
Mike and Rick-> source window, showing killing of executables.
Stan -> more with bitfields

NOTE: Somebody else will need to run the VNC server next week because
Mark is out.

* Re: frysk meeting minutes 20070425
@ 2007-04-25 15:30 ` Petr Machata
From: Petr Machata @ 2007-04-25 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elena Zannoni; +Cc: frysk

Elena Zannoni wrote:
> Petr: half time on frysk, finding his way around.

To clarify, I'm half time in Red Hat, where my work is package
maintenance.  In that same half-time timeframe I'm working on frysk when
time permits (which is pretty inefficient due to context switching).
When I turn full time, I hope to devote the newly gained half time to
frysk, but I'm not the one to decide on that.

In particular, I'd like to write frysk variant of ltrace.  As a
side-effect I'll probably produce some generally useful stuff. (E.g.
sourceware#3626 is close to what I'll need; I already have a simple
mmap/munmap monitor.)

PM

* Re: frysk meeting minutes 20070425
@ 2007-04-25 16:51   ` Sami Wagiaalla
From: Sami Wagiaalla @ 2007-04-25 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petr Machata; +Cc: Elena Zannoni, frysk

> In particular, I'd like to write frysk variant of ltrace.
cool!