public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* Command line utilities argument types.
@ 2007-06-01 19:12 Nurdin Premji
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Nurdin Premji @ 2007-06-01 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

I'm going to be refactoring how the command line utilities will parse
their arguments to make them as unified as possible.

I've identified 4 types of input that can be passed to a command line
utility: Pids, Core files, a command (executable with options), or nothing.

Here is my interpretation of which command line utilities can take what
types of arguments.

fcatch: pids, or a command.
fcore: pids.
fhpd: pids, corefiles, a command or nothing.
fstack: pids or cores.
fstep: pids or a command.
ftrace: pids or a command.

Is there anything I'm forgetting, or adding?