public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@redhat.com>
To: Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org>
Cc: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon@redhat.com>, frysk@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Leaving visible breakpoints in memory/core (Was: Breakpoint   stepping)
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 13:52:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Mark,

Expanding on our discussion:

-> user examining memory: breakpoints invisible
-> process dumps core via kernel: breakpoints are visible (no choice
with current kernel infrastructure)
-> user requests fcore: breakpoints should not be visible

I.e., breakpoints and their implementation are not visible to the user
(or beyond frysk.proc)

However, for our own debugging sanity, we will also need a way to
examine the raw/modified memory to see what the program is really
executing :-)

Andrew