public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* finishing Host.requestRefresh
@ 2008-01-24 14:52 Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2008-01-24 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sami Wagiaalla, Phil Muldoon; +Cc: frysk

Hi,

I've been looking at Host.requestRefresh which was one of those "we need
to re-think" interfaces.  Looking at how it is used by the gnome code -
to maintain a process list that is refreshed occasionally - I'd like to
propose the following as the interface:

the request:
    Host.requestRefresh(Set myCurrentProcessList, Set
myCurrentDaemonList, HostRefreshBuilder builder)
the response (builder):
    HostRefreshBuilder.build(Set addedProcesses, Set deletedProcesses,
Set addedDaemons);
    -- if a daemon is deleted it is in deletedProcesses so
deletedDaemons would be redundant :-)

this way the gnome process pane is given all update information in a
single call, letting it then locally, determine if/how to apply the updates.

Andrew

only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-01-24 14:52 UTC | newest]