public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
From: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon@redhat.com>
To: Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com>
Cc: Frysk Hackers <frysk@sourceware.org>
Subject: Re: Patch: Add Option Groups
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 07:51:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Tom Tromey wrote:
> Yeah, this is a bit odd, but I guess harmless for the time being.
> Maybe it would be better to either push new functionality for this
> kind of thing into Parser, or to have users of frysk's
> CommandlineParser be a bit smarter about coordinating with the
> superclass.

A lot of the code in the bindir utilities is template code that all
utilities call. It saves a lot of work, but also takes away flexibility.
It's all a bit new to me too. But see my reply to Andrew for a few
thoughts there.

> Phil> There is a lot of weird
> Phil> indenting going on in the right help column, but this was happening
> Phil> beforehand and is another unrelated (but hopefully soon to be fixed)
> Phil> bug.
>
> Some of this is accounted for by rogue spaces, e.g.:
>
> Phil> +      group.add(new Option( "allmaps", 'a',
> Phil> +	                          " Include ALL process readable maps.")

Ack well spotted on that one.

> That space before "Include" is strange.
>
> Phil> +				 "=PATTERN") {
> Putting the "=" in here is wrong, fwiw.

I was trying to follow grep's help, but the only way I can get an
option=PATTERN is to put the = in there. Unless I am using the wrong
option type?

FWIW also it seems that classpath getopt is doing some funky indention
on help right hand column.

Thanks for the comments!

Regards

Phil