public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* meeting 2008-04-02 - versions and releases
@ 2008-04-02 15:29 Andrew Cagney
From: Andrew Cagney @ 2008-04-02 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

We discussed versions and releases again; the intent is:

-> the release occurs the first Wednesday of each month:
- Monday/Tuesday do sanity checks and update NEWS
- Wednesday 0:00 GMT is tentative branch date
- Wednesday's meeting we check we're ok; review NEWS; and perhaps add
last minute fixes

-> version
- This release will be version 0.2; the next 0.3; and so on, if we reach
0.9 then it isn't anything special

-> NEWS
- going into the Wednesday meeting; we should add news items, but we'll
use Wednesday to review it

-> this month
We can get news stuff updated today and cut the official branch tonight

* Re: meeting 2008-04-02 - versions and releases
@ 2008-04-02 17:24 ` Sami Wagiaalla
From: Sami Wagiaalla @ 2008-04-02 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Cagney; +Cc: frysk

> -> NEWS
> - going into the Wednesday meeting; we should add news items, but we'll
> use Wednesday to review it

News items should be considered on a per-commit basis; if your change is
news worthy then add a thing to the news file. Then, on Wednesday, we
can review it of course.

Sami

* Re: meeting 2008-04-02 - versions and releases
@ 2008-04-04 14:47   ` Phil Muldoon
From: Phil Muldoon @ 2008-04-04 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sami Wagiaalla; +Cc: Andrew Cagney, frysk

Sami Wagiaalla wrote:

>> -> NEWS
>> - going into the Wednesday meeting; we should add news items, but
>> we'll use Wednesday to review it
>>

> News items should be considered on a per-commit basis; if your change
> is news worthy then add a thing to the news file. Then, on Wednesday,
> we can review it of course.

I don't really agree, NEWS should be feature based granularity. Per
commit would be a bit noisy. But I suspect regardless, we'll find a
happy level.

Regards

Phil