* Announcing Frysk 0.3
@ 2008-05-14 2:55 Rick Moseley
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Rick Moseley @ 2008-05-14 2:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
Announcing Frysk 0.3
Frysk is a debugging and monitoring framework being developed using
Java and C++. It is aimed at providing developers and system
administrators with the ability to examine and analyze multi-host,
multi-process, and multi-threaded systems while they are running.
This is the second release of Frysk. The initial release of Frysk occurred
on April 4, 2008 and was tagged as version 0.2.1.
Contributors to the 0.3 release were: Andrew Cagney, Thiago Jung
Bauermann, Mark Wielaard, Petr Machata, Phil Muldoon, Rick Moseley,
Sami Wagiaalla, Stan Cox and Teresa Thomas.
Here are some of the improvements that were incorporated during April:
- Exported a prototype of low level watchpoint api on IA32,X8664 (PPC*
will be covered by IBM)
- Implemented the watch command which exposes the watchpoint api in fhpd.
- Updated various frysk man pages.
- Created ProcRunUtil and re-based fcatch,fstep,ferror ontop of it.
- Added ability to kill procs from fhpd.
- Solidified passing parameters to run command and reusing history.
- Added support for elf symbol look-ups.
- Modified the frysk web-page to automatically update it self using the
latest entry from planet frysk.
- Removed the CDT parser from frysk.
- Rewritten ftrace to use more frysk infrastructure.
- Adapted frysk symbol search code so that it can be used by
breakpoints, as well as expression evaluation.
- Fully implemented sysroot functionality in frysk.
- Improved and tested stepping, particularly stepping through signal
- Imported a newer version of upstream elfutils.
- Fixed breakpoints to work correctly through forks.
Known limitations: some test that are working in-tree fail when
To download this release, go to:
or check for an update in your local GNU/Linux distro.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2008-05-12 14:27 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2008-05-14 2:55 Announcing Frysk 0.3 Rick Moseley
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).