public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
* Debugging a NullPointerException in fstack
@ 2008-06-10  7:20 Ray Ruvinskiy
From: Ray Ruvinskiy @ 2008-06-10  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frysk

Hello,

I've compiled frysk on an i386 Fedora 8 system (thanks a lot to Rick
Moseley for all his previous help on IRC), and I'm attempting to play
with fstack. It seems to work on some processes (e.g., bash) but goes
down with a NullPointerException on most others (gconf, gnome-
screensaver, others).

I was wondering whether this was a known issue and if not, what the
best way to debug this would be. There is no stack trace displayed, so
I'm not sure where the NPE is actually coming from. I was wondering if
it was possible to compile frysk in a way that would make it more
amenable to being debugged? Also, what is the recommended way to
debug? gdb, printfs?

Thanks,

Ray