public inbox for frysk@sourceware.org
From: Ray Ruvinskiy <rruvinsk@sybase.com>
To: Rick Moseley <rmoseley@redhat.com>
Cc: frysk@sourceware.org
Subject: Re: Specifying a debuginfo path independently of sysroot
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:22:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi Rick,

The environment variable idea sounds good to me personally. Would this
be checked in DwflCache.getDwfl before calling getRelativeSysroot and
instantiating the new Dwfl instance?

Still, I don't fully understand why getRelativeSysroot always prepends
the hardcoded "/usr/lib/debug" to anything you pass in. While that is
the standard location to put debug files for binaries that go in /usr,
what about software that goes in /usr/local or /opt?

Thanks,

Ray