public inbox for gas2@sourceware.org
From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@cygnus.com>
To: joel@OARcorp.com
Cc: gas2@cygnus.com
Subject: Re: gas-971208 mips64orion-rtems internal error
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 09:30:00 -0000	[thread overview]

   Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:27:44 -0600 (CST)
   From: Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com>

   Should I just report this to the egcs list then along with the original
   offensive C program

Yeah, I guess so.

   Is there something I can do to help make this one
   easier to find?  It seems pretty weird.

It's probably pretty easy to fix.  There's probably just a missing
TARGET_DOUBLE_FLOAT somewhere in mips.md or mips.c.

The 4650 is not a particularly common chip, so it's quite plausible
that changes to the MIPS code have introduced bugs in the 4650
support.

It's also possible that my analysis is wrong, although it seems right
to me.

Ian