public inbox for gas2@sourceware.org
* egcs/ltconfig
@ 1998-09-13 12:50 Mark Klein
From: Mark Klein @ 1998-09-13 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gas2, egcs

Is this file generated or hand coded? (I see it uses ac_link which is why
I ask).

On MPE there is no such thing as static linking - the only way to tell that
a library routine doesn't exist is to attempt to compile and run something
that references it. This is further compounded by the fact that the parameters
must be correct or the program will still blow up. The approach I've taken is
to modify the m4 macros for autoconf specifically for MPE and always
regenerate
the configure scripts with my version of autoconf before running them. That
works fine. But, for ltconfig, I see no ltconfig.in, hence my question.

TIA,

Mark
--
Mark Klein                                      DIS International, Ltd.
http://www.dis.com                              415-892-8400