public inbox for gas2@sourceware.org
From: Donn Terry <donn@interix.com>
To: Mumit Khan <khan@xraylith.wisc.edu>
Cc: gas2@cygnus.com, bfd@cygnus.com
Subject: Re: PE patches available
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:39:00 -0000	[thread overview]

I've been working with DJ on creating an updated patch.
I'm convinced that Menehunes got to at least one copy,
because there's no way that some of the problems that are
inarguably there could have gotten there without a time warp :-).

Anyway, expect a new tarball (over the old one) with these
and a number of other problems fixed in a few days.
(Everythings fairly straightforward except for another go-around
on %^&#$%^^&*()&*(%^&^%*& .idata.)

(Mumit: I believe #2 is fixed in what you have, but only in
the base files; in this case automake needs to be run to move
the change up from Makefile.am to Makefile.in.)

I'll send email when it's done.

Donn

Mumit Khan wrote:

> Hi Donn,
>
> Ran into a few nits when building for Cygwin --
>
> 1. you mention that you've *put back* the .bss handling, but it's missing
>  from the post-patched ld/scripttempl/pe.sc. I just put it in my hand.
>
> 2. bfd/Makefile.in needs peigen.lo as target. Trivial obviously.
>
> 3. the $ENTRY in pe.sc expands to __mainCRTStartup, but Cygwin provides
>   _mainCRTStartup. Trivial to fix/make consistent of course.
>
> The final executable doesn't work yet, but that I did expect. I'll do
> some digging to see why it's not loading correctly (under Cygwin or
> Mingw which uses MS runtime).
>
> btw, I always thought that the Makefiles were setup to do the `make
> headers' automatically in bfd. Guess not.
>
> Regards,
> Mumit

Donn Terry                  mailto:donn@interix.com
Softway Systems, Inc.        http://www.interix.com
2850 McClelland Dr, Ste. 1800   Ft.Collins CO 80525
Tel: +1-970-204-9900           Fax: +1-970-204-9951