public inbox for gas2@sourceware.org
From: dj@stealth.ctron.com (DJ Delorie)
To: hjl@nynexst.com
Cc: gas2@cygnus.com, masaki@eie.minolta.co.jp
Subject: Re: [masaki@eie.monolta.co.jp: GAS bug and etc]
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 1994 06:37:00 -0000	[thread overview]

> Your patch jusr reversed what I did. Could you please tell
> me why I was wrong and you were right? I thought I checked
> the Intel x86 manual when I fixed that bug.

I didn't try to validate the patch; it was more of an FYI, which is
why I included the header info.  If it's wrong, or you need more info,
the original sender is the one to talk with (cc'd in both mails).
Sorry if my intention wasn't clear.

Original sender:
> From: masaki@eie.monolta.co.jp (Kenji  Masaki)

Note that the "jcxz" opcode in the gas that djgpp's libc was built
with doesn't work as expected - jecxz does.  This might have confused
people into thinking that there was a bug, or maybe there really is
one.  jcxz is the 16-bit version (or pretends to be).

Since jcxz uses both a register (opsize?) and an address (addrsize?),
there may be a need for both prefixes.

DJ