public inbox for gas2@sourceware.org
* more on powerpc-rtems failure
@ 1998-04-15 14:29 Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 1998-04-15 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gas2

I got pinched today into producing a new toolset for someone and since
I have not resolved the 2.9 failure, I tried to revert to snapshots which
had not previously shown this problem.  On another Redhat Linux x86
computer, I now get the same failure with both gas-980314 and gas-971208.
So this is not a recent thing which broke but I have build both of those
snapshots for every RTEMS configuration in the past so something has
changed.

Any more ideas on this?

Should I try upgrading to H.J.Lu's latest linux snapshot or the current
development snapshot?

I am baffled.

--joel

* Re: more on powerpc-rtems failure
@ 1998-04-15 15:01 ` H.J. Lu
From: H.J. Lu @ 1998-04-15 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel Sherrill; +Cc: gas2

> I got pinched today into producing a new toolset for someone and since
> I have not resolved the 2.9 failure, I tried to revert to snapshots which
> had not previously shown this problem.  On another Redhat Linux x86
> computer, I now get the same failure with both gas-980314 and gas-971208.
> So this is not a recent thing which broke but I have build both of those
> snapshots for every RTEMS configuration in the past so something has
> changed.
>
> Any more ideas on this?
>
> Should I try upgrading to H.J.Lu's latest linux snapshot or the current
> development snapshot?

I don't think it will help. However, I do have a few bug fixes which
I am testing now. I will submit them when they are stable enough.

BTW, if you can show the same bug for any Linux target, I will
fix it.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)

* Re: more on powerpc-rtems failure
@ 1998-04-15 15:38   ` Joel Sherrill
From: Joel Sherrill @ 1998-04-15 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H.J. Lu; +Cc: gas2

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, H.J. Lu wrote:

> I am testing now. I will submit them when they are stable enough.

I have duplicated this with gas-980415.

This happens with both gcc-2.8.1 and egcs-1.0.2 as the gcc source tree.

> BTW, if you can show the same bug for any Linux target, I will
> fix it.

Generous offer but I can't.  I just tried to configure for powerpc-linux
on a ix86-linux box and it made it through. <sigh>

I am going to try --disable-shared and let it build overnight while I am
gone.  Nothing to lose. ;)

--joel