public inbox for gas2@sourceware.org
* Re: binutils powerpc problems (fwd)
@ 1999-04-05  6:43 joel
From: joel @ 1999-04-05  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gas2; +Cc: Ralf Corsepius

Bummer... upgrading did not solve this one for Ralf.  :(

Here is what he sent me.

--joel

From: H.J. Lu @ 1999-04-05  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joel; +Cc: gas2, corsepiu

> Bummer... upgrading did not solve this one for Ralf.  :(
>
> Here is what he sent me.
>
> --joel

I added

	--multilib-dir PATH         Specify a target directory

to ld to solve the similar problem of one of my clients. They have
more one one BSP for one CPU. If you use binutils 2.9.1.0.2x, it
is in there. Here is the whole ChangeLog:

Wed Sep 16 07:32:44 1998  H.J. Lu  (hjl@gnu.org)

        * ld.h (args_type): Add one field, multilib_dir.

        * ldfile.c (ldfile_add_library_path): Add one argument, append.
        * ldfile.h (ldfile_add_library_path): Likewise.

        * ldgram.y: Calling ldfile_add_library_path with one more
        argument, true.
        * ldmain.c: Likewise.
        * lexsup.c: Likewise.

        * ldmain.c (check_for_scripts_dir): Add one argument, append.
        (main): Initialize command_line.multilib_dir to NULL.
        (set_scripts_dir): If command_line.multilib_dir is not NULL,
        prepend it to search path.

        * lexsup.c (OPTION_MULTILIB_DIR): New.
        (parse_args): Handle OPTION_MULTILIB_DIR.

        * emultempl/elf32.em (gld${EMULATION_NAME}_get_script): If
        command_line.multilib_dir != NULL, get linker scripts from
        files.

It may be useful to solve your problem.

--
H.J. Lu (hjl@gnu.org)