* egcs-1.0.1 release
@ 1997-12-04 14:03 Jeffrey A Law
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 1997-12-04 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: egcs-announce, gnu-gcc-announce, compilers; +Cc: egcs, gcc2
January 6, 1998
We are pleased to announce the release of egcs-1.0.1.
egcs is a collaborative effort involving several groups of hackers using an
open development model to accelerate development and testing of GNU compilers
and runtime libraries.
egcs-1.0.1 is a minor update to the egcs-1.0 compiler to fix a few critical
bugs and add support for Red Hat 5.0 Linux. Changes since the egcs-1.0
* Add support for Red Hat 5.0 Linux and better support for Linux
systems using glibc2.
* Compatability with both egcs-1.0 and gcc-2.8 libgcc exception handling
interfaces (see below for further discussion).
* Various bugfixes in the x86, hppa, mips, and rs6000/ppc backends.
* A few machine independent bugfixes, mostly to fix code generation bugs
when building Linux kernels or glibc.
* Fix a few critical exception handling and template bugs in the C++
* Fix Fortran namelist bug on alphas.
* Fix build problems on x86-solaris systems.
To avoid future compatibility problems, we strongly urge anyone who is planning
on distributing shared libraries that contain C++ code to upgrade to egcs-1.0.1
first (see http://www.cygnus.com/egcs/egcs-1.0.1.html for details about the
compatability issues as well as additional information about the bugfixes since
the egcs-1.0 release).
egcs contains many improvements and features not found in gcc-2.7 and
even the soon to be released gcc-2.8 compilers.
* Integrated C++ runtime libraries, including support for most major
* The integrated libstdc++ library includes a verbatim copy of
SGI's STL release.
* Integrated GNU Fortran compiler
* New instruction scheduler
* New alias analysis code
See the egcs web page for a more complete list of new features, installation
instructions, build/test status, caveats, mailing lists, etc.
You can ftp egcs-1.0.1 either as a full release, or as diffs from the egcs-1.0
release from the following sites:
US (California) ftp.cygnus.com:/pub/egcs
US (Massachusetts) cambridge.cygnus.com:/pub/egcs
US (east coast) ftp.goof.com:/pub/pcg/egcs
US (Arizona) ftp.ninemoons.com:/pub/egcs
US (California) ftp.yggdrasil.com:/mirrors/site/ftp.cygnus.com/pub/egcs
Czech Republic sunsite.mff.cuni.cz:/GNU/cygnus/egcs
Germany (Berlin) ftp.fu-berlin.de:/unix/languages/egcs
Poland (Warsaw) sunsite.icm.edu.pl:/pub/programming/egcs
Sites which mirror indirectly via ftp.goof.com:
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-12-04 14:03 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
1997-12-04 14:03 egcs-1.0.1 release Jeffrey A Law
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).