public inbox for gcc-announce@gcc.gnu.org
* GCC 3.0.2 Release
@ 2001-10-25 11:43 Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2001-10-25 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, gcc-announce

The GCC 3.0.2 release is now available.  See:

  http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html

for a list of sites from which you can download GCC 3.0.2.

Although the GNU mirror sites have the tarballs at this point, the GCC
mirror sites do not, due to an error on my part.  I have uploaded the
tarballs now, and they will reach the GCC mirrors shortly.

This is a bug-fix release to correct bugs in GCC 3.0.1.  If GCC 3.0.1
works well for you, there is no reason to upgrade.

Some of the changes include:

  - Bad code generation during loop unrolling.

  - Bad code generation by the sibling call optimization.

  - Minor improvements to x86 code generation.

  - Implemenation of function descriptors in C++ vtables for IA64.

Thanks to everyone who contributed, and especially to:

  Neil Booth
  David Edelsohn
  Richard Henderson
  Jan Hubicka
  Jeff Law
  Joseph Meyers
  Nathan Sidwell
  Franz Sirl
  Jim Wilson

for important improvements in this release.

The GCC 3.0 branch is now unfrozen.

Yours,

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-10-25 11:43 UTC | newest]