* OPTIMIZATION tECHNIQUES
@ 2003-01-04 15:50 Abdul Hakeem
From: Abdul Hakeem @ 2003-01-04 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello,
Can anyone part with info. On how to optimize a compile process for:
A.Processor affinity, i.e. Pentium, Xeon etc
B. I/0
C. Hyper-Threading
And also, I will like to know if there is any GCC compiler for Xeon
procesors.
Regards,
A. Hakeem, esq.

* Re: OPTIMIZATION tECHNIQUES
       [not found] <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAA/78FtefH10K uBcEFV1achcKAAAAQAAAA5KpHfcbgL0iM70Nxi7D1bQEAAAAA@softhome.net>
@ 2003-01-04 16:46 ` Andrea 'fwyzard' Bocci
From: Andrea 'fwyzard' Bocci @ 2003-01-04 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Abdul Hakeem; +Cc: gcc-help

At 15.49 04/01/2003 +0000, Abdul Hakeem wrote:
>Hello,
>Can anyone part with info. On how to optimize a compile process for:
>A.Processor affinity, i.e. Pentium, Xeon etc

See the GCC manul
<http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.2.1/gcc/index.html#toc_Invoking%20GCC>.

>B. I/0

I think this depends on libraries being used, rather than on the compiler
itself.

>C. Hyper-Threading

I don't think GCC has it (yet :-).

>And also, I will like to know if there is any GCC compiler for Xeon procesors.
>Regards,
>A. Hakeem, esq.

fwyzard