* profiling question
@ 2000-05-29  2:48 Senti
From: Senti @ 2000-05-29  2:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi
1. Does anyone know how -ax option of gcc works
?
2. If yes, what -ax expects from me and what it
gives back (in terms of output) ?
3. I remember i found some 3 sentences about that
once, but i don't remember where .If anyone knows where i can find
something about that please reply.

Thanks in advance
Adrian

* profiling question
@ 2007-12-14 20:40 Juan Carlos Franzoy
From: Juan Carlos Franzoy @ 2007-12-14 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello. I am trying to profile an application that
start running consuming less than 1% of CPU and 10
hours later it takes 20%.

I compiled it with -pg and -g and installed it. After
24 hours it took more than 25% and we killed -15 it.
It generates a gmon.out.

Out surprise was when we run gprof myapp gmon.out. All
counters except where in zero. What am I doing wrong?

thaks in advance.

gcc -v
Reading specs from
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/3.2.3/specs
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr
--mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info
--enable-shared --enable-threads=posix
--disable-checking --with-system-zlib
--enable-__cxa_atexit --host=i386-redhat-linux
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-20)

uname -a
Linux aquila.ats-ar.com.ar 2.4.21-4.EL #1 Fri Oct 3
18:13:58 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

                      Juan Carlos Franzoy
                     Analista  Programador
                     Tel: +54-11-4780-2634
                  mailto:JCFranzoy@ats.com.ar
                     http://www.ats.com.ar

      Yahoo! Encuentros.

Ahora encontrar pareja es mucho más fácil, probá el nuevo Yahoo! Encuentros http://yahoo.cupidovirtual.com/servlet/NewRegistration

* profiling question
@ 2000-06-07 19:50 Dave Klint
From: Dave Klint @ 2000-06-07 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Is there something magical that has to be done in order to get
gprof to profile a multi-threaded application correctly?  Is
there a command flag I'm missing?  I compile with "-g -a -pg" and
I have the pthreads library with profiling in it, but it refuses
to give me timing information once the first thread starts.

I know this isn't really the place to ask this question, but
I'm very frustrated with this.  Everyplace I look says that gprof
supports threads, but I sure can't verify that.

-dave

* profiling question
@ 2000-05-09  5:16 Senti
From: Senti @ 2000-05-09  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hello
I'm building a gcc cross-comiler for an
processor.
What i wanted was to add some code for
profiling.
I have written the two macros related to basic
block profiling :

#define BLOCK_PROFILER(FILE, BLOCKNO)
#define FUNCTION_BLOCK_PROFILER(FILE,
BLOCK_OR_LABEL)
but when i try compiling a program using -ax
option gcc is saying :
cc1: warning: '-ax' option (jump profiling) not
supported
What should i do for enabling -ax option.
Should i write something else too into gcc ?
Thanks in advance, Adrian.