* problem with debug symbols on solaris and gcc3.0.3
@ 2002-05-22 14:35 Moshe Libenson
From: Moshe Libenson @ 2002-05-22 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help

Hi,
I am using gcc-3.0.3 with binutils 2.11.2 on Solaris7.
After compiling a g++ project and running nm -l on it I get a wrong
filename as the source of the code.
Example:
	I have a function named cppfunc1 in a cpp file called
dllcpp.cpp. I compiled a shared object (libdllcpp.so).
	When I run: nm -Cl libdllcpp.so | grep cppfunc1 I get the
following answer:
	0000804 T cppfunc1
/path_to_gcc/lib/g++-3.0/include/atomicity.h:106

I tried this with binutils 2.12 and it is still the same.
Why is the debug info wrong?
I think it comes from the gcc-3.0.3 and I also assume it is one of the
reasons I cannot debug inside shard objectd.
I tried the same thing in linux (with the same gcc and binutils) and the
debug information was correct.

Please advise.

Moshe Libenson.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-05-22 21:35 UTC | newest]